The U.S. Army Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) has renewed a Broad Agency Announcement (BAA) to support acquisition of innovative concepts for further research and development in support of chemical and biological defense.
ECBC supports all phases of the acquisition life-cycle from basic and applied research through technology development, engineering design, equipment evaluation, product support, sustainment, field operations and demilitarization to address its customers’ unique requirements. Specific areas of interest include:
- Aerosol Technology
- Biological Point Detection
- Chemical Point Detection
- Early Warning and Detection
- Smoke and Obscurants
- Modeling, Simulation and Analysis for CB, Smoke and Obscurants
- Collective Protection Technology
- Respiratory Protection Technology
- CBRNE Countermeasures to Terrorism
- Flame and Incendiary Technology
- Explosives Point, Proximal and Standoff Detection
- Chemical Forensics
- Surface Science
The BAA is open until cancelled or amended; however, offerers are encouraged to submit concept papers before June 2012 to allow for sufficient consideration and funding time within the current fiscal year. Detailed information is available under BAAECBC-11-REV-1.