CBRN Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP)CBRN Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFP)U.S. National Guard
The U.S. military domestic CBRN Response Enterprise includes National Guard units assigned to the National Guard’s Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Teams (WMD-CSTs), CBRN Enhanced Response Force Packages (CERFPs), and Homeland Response Forces (HRFs).
The CERFP is designed to deploy within 6 hours of notification using a phased deployment. They have the ability to integrate with first responder teams, augment, or operate independently.
The CERFP is comprised of four elements staffed by personnel from already established National Guard units. Elements include: search and extraction, decontamination, medical, and command and control.
The command and control team directs the overall activities of the CERFP, and coordinates with the Joint Task Force-State (JTF-State) and the incident commander. The search and extraction element is assigned to an Army National Guard Engineering Company, the decontamination element is assigned to an Army National Guard Chemical Company, and the medical element is assigned to an Air National Guard Medical Group.
Security duties for the incident site and the four CERFP elements are performed by the state National Guard Response Force.
Editor’s Picks: Articles on the CERFP. Links may lead to external sites.
- Rescues and Worry After Matthew Inundates North Carolina (Oct 2016)
- CERF-P Responders Provide Aid in Aftermath of Hurricane Hermine (Sep 2016)
- Cascadia Rising Exercise Pushes Guardsmen to the Brink (Jun 2016)
- To Fight Zika, Send in the National Guard (May 2016)
- Search and Rescue Soldiers participate in Balikatan 2016 (Apr 2016)
- Texas CERFP trains at Operation Vigilant Guard in Louisiana (Apr 2016)
- VA CERFP Works Side-By-Side with Agency Partners at Sovereign Guardian (Feb 2016)
- Specially Suited – Guard CBRNE Units (Jan 2016)
- The National Guard Can Do All That? (Jan 2016)
- CERFP: When First Responders Call 911 (Jan 2016)
- California Guard Train for Coordinated Interagency Dirty Bomb Drill (Apr 2015)
- Dirty Bomb Drill Brings Hundreds of Responders to Richmond (Apr 2015)
- Joint Disaster-Response Unit Successfully Completes Readiness Evaluation (Feb 2015)
- CERFP Trains in Preparation of External Evaluation (Feb 2015)
- NY National Guard Sharpens CBRN Response Skills (Nov 2014)
- New England CERFP Tested and Ready (Oct 2014)
- Preparing for CBRNE Threats: Exercise Vigilant Guard (May 2014)
- CERF-P Units Train to Save Civilians from CBRNE Disaster (June 2013)
- New England CBRNE Enhanced Response Force Package (Dec 2013)
- Ohio National Guard Exercise Tests Multiple Agencies (May 2012)