Defense Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL)Defense Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL)
The Defence Science and Technology Laboratory (DSTL) is a science and technology center for the UK Ministry of Defence (MOD), employing approximately 3500 personnel including some of the top scientists and engineers in the country.
DSTL’s work covers a range of applications and disciplines including social science, mathematics and engineering and includes research, advice, consultancy, technical and systems risk management, and related activities.
Extensive CBRN, life science and infectious disease research programs are ongoing, to include a number of collaborations and contracts with the United States government. The CBR S&T research drivers include CBRN Disablement, Biological Detection and Countermeasures, CB Force Protection, and CB Exploitation.
DSTL was established as an Executive Agency in 2001 and has operated as a Trading Fund since that date. As a Trading Fund, DSTL covers its operating costs and aims to generate a surplus by charging customers for their services.
Editor’s Picks: Articles and resources related to DSTL. Links may lead to external sites.
- Liposomal Ciprofloxacin as Broad-Spectrum Bioterrorism Countermeasures (Oct 2016)
- UK Removes Final Chemical Weapon Components From Libya (Sep 2016)
- Development of Chemical Warfare Agent Detector Paper (Aug 2016)
- Inside Britain’s Secret Weapons Research Facility (Jun 2016)
- Airborne Biological Hazards and Urban Transport Infrastructure (Jun 2016)
- The Truth About Porton Down (Jun 2016)
- DSTL Hosts 18th Chemical Weapons Demilitarization Conference (June 2015)
- Center for Defense Enterprise Enduring Challenge Competition Update (June 2015)
- DSTL Bristow Trial Develops Future Protection Against Hostile UAS (May 2015)
- Dstl hosts 19th Chemical Weapons Demilitarisation Conference (May 2016)
- Dstl to Make Laser Weapon System Demonstrator Announcement (May 2016)
- Dstl Decontamination Device Available for Licensing (Mar 2016)
- DSTL Advancing Infrared Detection Technologies (Mar 2015)
- Ultra-Sensitive Detection of Explosives and Chemicals (Feb 2015)
- Technology: Helmets Designed with Closeable Air Vents (Feb 2015)
- Porton Down at Front Line of UK’s Ebola Prevention Efforts (Aug 2014)
- DSTL Introduces Cutting Edge Robot to Test CBRN Suits (Apr 2014)
- DSTL Seeks Smart Materials for Defense and Security (Apr 2013)
Porton Down SP4 0JQ