Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO)Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO)Defense Threat Reduction Agency
The Joint Improvised Threat Defeat Organization (JIDO) was formerly the Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Agency (JIDA) and before that the Joint Improvised Explosive Device Defeat Organization (JIEDDO). Full transition from JIDA to JIDO was completed in Oct 2016. The organization is now aligned under the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA).
The JIDO aims to enable DoD actions to counter improvised threats with tactical responsiveness and through anticipatory, rapid acquisition in support of counter-terrorism, counter-insurgency, and other related mission areas including counter-improvised explosive device (C-IED). JIDO has made countering the emerging threat from drones as one of its primary missions.
Editor’s Picks: Articles and resources related to JIDO. Links may lead to external sites.
- Amyx Inc. Awarded Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization Contract (Jan 2017)
- Fulcrum IT Services Awarded 168M JIDO Contract (Dec 2016)
- Sensors and Cameras May Help Defeat Improvised Threats (Nov 2016)
- CACI Awarded 1.8B Joint Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization Contract (Nov 2016)
- JIDA Contract Awarded to Booz Allen Hamilton (Aug 2016)
- IEDD Training Course Advances Tunisian Army EOD Capabilities (Aug 2016)
- Effectiveness of Some Counter-IED Efforts Unproved, Pentagon Report Finds (Aug 2016)
- DoD Requests Additional Funds to Combat Islamic State Group’s Drones (Jul 2016)
- Pentagon Will Provide New Assistance to Iraq After Baghdad Bombings (Jul 2016)
- Now That Terrorists Are Getting Air Forces, What Do We Do? (Jul 2016)
- From JIEDDO to JIDA to JIDO: Improvised-Threat Defeat Organization (Feb 2016)
- JIDA is No More, Long Live JIDO (Feb 2016)
- As JIEDDO Becomes JIDA, IED Threat Builds in Theater (Nov 2015)
- New DoD Agency Focuses on Improvised Threats (Jul 2015)