Joint Program Executive Office for CBRN Defense (JPEO-CBRND)Joint Program Executive Office for CBRN Defense (JPEO-CBRND)U.S. Department of Defense
The Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND), formerly JPEO-CBD, is the US Department of Defense (DoD) point for research, development, acquisition, fielding and life-cycle support of biological, chemical and nuclear defense equipment and medical countermeasures to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Special Operations Command.
Resources managed by JPEO-CBRND include:
- Joint Acquisition CBRN Knowledge System (JACKS)
- Defense Biological Product Assurance Office (formerly Critical Reagents Program)
- JPEO-CBD Enterprise Fielding and Surveillance (JEFS)
- CBD Non-Standard Equipment Review Panel (NSERP)
JPEO-CBRND relocated from Falls Church, VA to Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD in 2011. This acquisition organization has approximately 1,100 employees and assigned military personnel.
Editor’s Picks: Select articles related to JPEO-CBRND. Links may lead to external sites.
JPEO-CBRND awarded funding to support a Phase 3 clinical trial that will evaluate the safety and efficacy of fostamatinib in hospitalized COVID-19 patients without respiratory failure that have certain high-risk prognostic factors.
“The repurposing of this agent advances the fight against COVD-19, with the potential to protect our service members during this unprecedented pandemic,” said Col. Ryan Eckmeier, the Joint Project Manager for CBRN Medical.
- National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy: DoD Awards $125M to Goldbelt Security Sep 2020
- JPEO-CBRND, BARDA Partner with SAb Biotherapeutics to Develop COVID-19 Therapeutic Apr 2020
- Scientists from Noblis and DoD Identify Unique Genetic Sequences of Emerging Coronavirus Threat Feb 2020
- CBRNE Defense Systems, Equipment and Material JE-RDAP (Aug 2016)
- BAA for Next Generation Protective Clothing (Mar 2016)
- CBRN Contaminated Remains Transport Case (Jan 2016)
- Army Seeks Integrator for CBRN Joint Effects Model (Oct 2015)
- JCACS ATD – Joint CBRNE Advanced Capability Sets (Aug 2015)
- Battelle CBRN Experts in 8th Year of Logistical Support to DoD (Feb 2015)
- Notable Contracts: Battelle Support to JPEO-CBD (Dec 2014)
- Joint Biological Tactical Detection System Market Survey (Nov 2014)
- JUPITR Biosurveillance Program Takes Shape on Korean Peninsula (Mar 2014)
- DoD Improvements to Medical Countermeasure Acquisitions (Mar 2014)
- DoD Activates New JPM for Medical Countermeasure Systems (Jun 2013)
- Marburg Drug Shows Promise for Intramuscular Delivery (Mar 2013)
- Advancing Biodosimetry for Radiation Exposure Triage and Treatment (Mar 2013)
- DoD Critical Reagents Improved by DARPA Antibody Program (Feb 2013)
- MRIGlobal Wins CBRN Mobile Lab Contract (Mar 2012)
- JPM NBC Contamination Avoidance Market Survey (Feb 2012)
- First Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (Apr 2003)