Joint Program Executive Office for CBRN Defense (JPEO-CBRND)Joint Program Executive Office for CBRN Defense (JPEO-CBRND)U.S. Department of Defense
The Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Defense (JPEO-CBRND), formerly JPEO-CBD, is the US Department of Defense (DoD) point for research, development, acquisition, fielding and life-cycle support of biological, chemical and nuclear defense equipment and medical countermeasures to the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, and Special Operations Command.
Resources managed by JPEO-CBRND include:
- Joint Acquisition CBRN Knowledge System (JACKS)
- Defense Biological Product Assurance Office (formerly Critical Reagents Program)
- JPEO-CBD Enterprise Fielding and Surveillance (JEFS)
- CBD Non-Standard Equipment Review Panel (NSERP)
JPEO-CBRND relocated from Falls Church, VA to Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD in 2011. This acquisition organization has approximately 1,100 employees and assigned military personnel.
Editor’s Picks: Select articles related to JPEO-CBRND. Links may lead to external sites.
Though its role in the COVID-19 pandemic response will fully transition to HHS this fall, JPEO-CBRND implemented lessons learned to update its approach to tackling emerging threats. This dynamic strategy underscores the principles of rapid response, integrated layered defense and partnerships to protect military personnel from CBRN threats.
A 5-year Department of Defense contract has been awarded to Humantics Corporation to develop its drug, BIO 300, as a medical countermeasure for acute exposure to radiation. JPEO-CBRND will manage the OTA agreement, overseeing the development of BIO 300, exclusively licensed to Humanetics for advanced development and FDA licensing.
“The repurposing of this agent advances the fight against COVD-19, with the potential to protect our service members during this unprecedented pandemic,” said Col. Ryan Eckmeier, the Joint Project Manager for CBRN Medical.
- National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy: DoD Awards $125M to Goldbelt Security
- JPEO-CBRND, BARDA Partner with SAb Biotherapeutics to Develop COVID-19 Therapeutic
- Scientists from Noblis and DoD Identify Unique Genetic Sequences of Emerging Coronavirus Threat
- CBRNE Defense Systems, Equipment and Material JE-RDAP
- BAA for Next Generation Protective Clothing
- CBRN Contaminated Remains Transport Case
- Army Seeks Integrator for CBRN Joint Effects Model
- JCACS ATD – Joint CBRNE Advanced Capability Sets
- Battelle CBRN Experts in 8th Year of Logistical Support to DoD
- Notable Contracts: Battelle Support to JPEO-CBD
- Joint Biological Tactical Detection System Market Survey
- JUPITR Biosurveillance Program Takes Shape on Korean Peninsula
- DoD Improvements to Medical Countermeasure Acquisitions
- DoD Activates New JPM for Medical Countermeasure Systems
- Advancing Biodosimetry for Radiation Exposure Triage and Treatment
- DoD Critical Reagents Improved by DARPA Antibody Program
- MRIGlobal Wins CBRN Mobile Lab Contract