ECCMID Infectious Diseases Conference 2019
April 13 - April 16
The European Society of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases ECCMID Infectious Diseases Conference 2019 will be held April 13-16, 2019 in Amsterdam.
With almost 12,000 attendees, the scientific program includes symposia, keynote lectures, meet-the-expert sessions and workshops.
Sessions of interest highlighted by the Global Biodefense editorial team include:
- Can we stop flu from going viral? Influenza, ferrets, humans and pandemic preparedness
- Vaccines for life: updates on pneumococcal, meningococcal and TBE vaccination
- Applying pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles in critically-ill patients
- Menarini – Update on acute bacterial skin and skin structure infection: current challenges and new therapeutic agents
- Climate change and infectious diseases
- Targeting ESBLs, CRE and MDR Pseudomonas aeruginosa
- Outbreak simulation exercise: who does what and why in case of an infectious disease outbreak
- Thinking out of the box to beat biofilms
- Focus on streptococcal infections: compelling questions and emerging answers
- Management of chronic bone and joint infections
- Addressing burning questions in the management of community-acquired pneumonia (CAP)
- West Nile virus: vectors and animal hosts
- HPV testing: beyond testing the cervix
- Uncovering infectious diseases: one time, right results
- The domino effects of influenza disease in older adults: moving beyond the acute infection to recognise the full public health impact
- What we have learned from chlorhexidine and skin cultures and microbiota studies
- Monotherapy or antibiotic combination therapy for Staphylococcus aureus infection: time for a change?
- Entering a new era of pneumococcal vaccines
- The last bastion of AMR: heteroresistance in multidrug-resistant Gram-negative pathogens
- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) with EUCAST methods and breakpoints
Please visit the ECCMID Infectious Diseases Conference 2019 website for more information.