Website Hassett Willis & Company (HWC)
HWC is looking for an experienced biologist to work in support of a Federal, Department of Homeland Security client. This position will be involved with providing programmatic and technical support to the client’s existing bio-detection capabilities. If you are interested in an opportunity to be directly involved in solving some of our nation’s toughest homeland security challenges, we invite you learn more and apply today.
Responsibilities for this position include:
• Provide subject matter expertise in biological defense and detection field to the client organization, stakeholders and HWC Program Manager.
• Design and develop tests and research studies, and work with local public health laboratories to execute the plan. Assist the client making tactical and strategic decisions based on the results and findings.
• Create and update laboratory and program administrative standard operating procedures and guidance on various topics, and communicate/facilitate to implement.
• Provide analysis on Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) data and trouble shoot if needed.
• Coordinate inter- and intra-agency meetings, take meeting notes, and track action items if there are any.
• Work in collaboration with program team members to meet mission needs as they arise.
• Understand logistical needs of the current operational program from the laboratory perspective and liaises amongst stakeholders.
Preferred qualifications include:
• Experience in government consulting environment
• Knowledge and experience with chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) defense field
• Hands on experience with biological instrumental analysis using various detection methods from handheld, field devices to laboratory techniques including Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
• Experience and background in quality assurance/control
Minimum qualifications for this role:
• Active U.S. government SECRET clearance (minimum)
• Bachelors or Masters in biology, microbiology, immunology, molecular biology, chemistry or related field
• Hands on experience with Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR)
• 7 years of experience with Masters or 12 years of experience with Bachelors degree in laboratory based science generating analytical results
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills