Booz Allen Hamilton
Work as a laboratory technical program management assistant supporting a client in a facility designated as a Tier I laboratory which operates at a Biosafety Level (BSL) III status, including all work performed must adhere to stringent biosafety and biosurety parameters so as to maintain the integrity and accountability of its Select Agents, the health and safety of its workers, and the protection of the surrounding environment.
Support the mission of the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate (S&T), the US Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Agricultural Research Service (ARS), and the USDA’s Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).
Serve as the technical program management assistant to work with and under the direction of the Director of Operations, the Director of Biorisk Management, the Director of Science, and other DHS management and subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop program documentation, assist with program implementation and associated administration, and apply technical experience with the operations of the PIADC biological mission, bio-safety and risk management, and select agent program rules and practices, including the US Code of Federal Regulations as it relates to the possession, use, and transfer of Select Agents and toxins, the Centers for Disease Control Biosafety in Microbiological and Biomedical Laboratories, such as BNBL current edition, best practices for working in a BSL III laboratory, and other related procedures and guidelines. Assist with the development and continual improvement of program plans, policies, procedures, and practices, including scope, schedule, cost, and risk. Conduct research and technical analyses to aid in decision making and assist with technical and scientific writing. Serve as a laboratory and facility escort and assist with the development of periodic status reports for internal and external reporting and other duties, as assigned.
- 8 years of experience in a professional work environment required
- Ability to assist with ensuring adherence, training, and maturation of program requirements, including planning and conducting periodic training, drills, and exercises
- Ability to assist with the distribution, collection, and processing of data and other information required for program administration, including the facility’s annual select agent facility re-verification
- Ability to assist with conducting investigations of operational incidences
- Ability to assist with conducting government-commissioned audits and managing and orchestrating other internal and external audits which are intended to ensure implementation of regulatory changes, including security, animal welfare, ESOH, or biosafety
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
- BA or BS degree
- Experience with working in a lab
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience with technical- and compliance-based DHS functional areas and proven capacity in other operational areas
- Knowledge of biodefense, biology, and infectious diseases
- Knowledge of the PIADC organizations and management processes
- DHS Suitability clearance
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
Job Number: R0061978
To apply for this job please visit careers.boozallen.com.