As a SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY TRANSITION SPECIALIST at the GS-0301-12/13/14 some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Assist the S&T Transition Manager in providing continuous support for the Director, DTRA with development of quality client S&T requirements.
- Provides DTRA action officer level representation to promote CCMD identification, documentation, and prioritization of countering WMD S&T requirements.
- Assists and supports the S&T Transition Manager in combating WMD-related S&T activities conducted by DTRA (a Secretary of Defense designated combat support defense agency in support of all CCMDs).
- Working with the DTRA Front Office Requirements Team, responsible for aligning with RD Engagements Office to ensure quality requirements arrive into the DTRA RD requirements process.
- Assists in the development, prioritization, and approval of S&T requirements and associated plans and will develop a monitoring system to measure S&T Transition performance.
- Assists with the coordination and tracking of S&T related visits to all CCMD’s Area of Responsibility (AOR) by key DTRA personnel and coordinates the integration of DTRA support to CCMD S&T efforts through the appropriate Area Desk Officers and DTRA Liaison Officer.
- Assists in the development of acquisition strategies for the full lifecycle of potential projects and advocating the allocation of funding to those projects.
- Contributes to the advancement of technology in the field of combating WMD and is considered a consultant, contributing to agency research and development programs.