Battelle is currently seeking a highly skilled Technical Editor/Writer to support the U.S. Army Combat Capabilities Development Command Chemical Biological Center (CCDC CBC) Technical Release Office. CCDC CBC utilizes science and technology to provide state-of-the-art solutions to chemical and biological threats and provides defense capabilities necessary to meet these new and emerging threats. As a part of its mission, CCDC CBC conducts continuous research and technical data release efforts. The position is located in Edgewood, Maryland. Domestic travel anticipated is approximately 5% annually. Compensation will be based on qualifications and experience.
- Develop, write, edit and revise test plans, test reports, and other technical DoD documentation.
- Review and/or evaluate technical reports and documents; edit, prepare, and provide recommendations and summaries of findings.
- Write, draft, or edit technical reports, articles or related material based on research, investigation or analysis.
- Review and coordinate the preparation of technical reports, papers, and presentations.
- Adapt sketches/drawings to meet specific technical or publication requirements.
- Enforce DoD standards for language, style and terminology.
- Coordinate activities such as production of technical documents, records of work and document releases.
- Create graphic charts, working drawings and illustrations for publications/displays, etc.
- Conduct trend analysis efforts and statistical analysis on material based upon research and investigation.
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline with a background in biology, chemistry, physics or equivalent experience
- Must be a US Citizen and have an active Secret Security Clearance
- Strong communication skills (verbal & written)
- Team oriented with the ability to work closely with other team members
- Detail oriented and capable of working to meet deadlines
- Strong Computer Skills and proficient on Microsoft and MacOS, MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), QuarkXPress, Adobe PageMaker, Editor’s ToolKit, LaTeX, AutoCAD
- Demonstrated proficiency in developing Standard Operating Procedures in a technical environment
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and sorting source and background materials
- Ability to compile data and write and revise text for informative and instructional articles, user documentation, newsletters, electronic database publications, media guides or similar materials of a high quality technical nature.
- May be required to pursue various certifications or continuing education units, as needed
- Ability to conduct technical activities with minimal direction while broadly applying principles, theories and concepts.
- Experience in STEM research, education and publishing
- Knowledge of DOD standards for language, style and terminology and the American Chemical Society Style Guide
To apply for this job please visit jobs.battelle.org.