Website Department of State
This position is located in the Bureau of International Security and Non-Proliferation (ISN) and serves as the Office of Cooperative Threat Reduction (CTR) Team Chief for Management and Special Projects.
- Provides day-to-day guidance to a team of experts advancing ISN/CTR’s mission with key partners, including bio-security programming among key South Asian audiences.
- Works with foreign governments to implement biological threat reduction activities abroad and advises on efforts to mitigate proliferator state use of biological, chemical, and radiological weapons as tools of assassination.
- Leads a budget staff in the oversight, formulation, and execution of ISN/CTR’s office-wide budget including the obligation of foreign assistance funds and management of unliquidated obligations.
- Advises bureau leadership on public health aspects of biological threat reduction and the application of relevant biosecurity principles to mitigate state biological weapons programs.
- Leads programmatic activities established in support of the Countering America’s Adversaries Through Sanctions Action (CAATSA) Section 231.
25% or less – Travel may be required up to 25% of the time.