Website Global Systems Technologies (GST)
Positive culture / no micro-management.
Biochemist or Biophysicist,
CWMD Research and Development Scientist
This biochemist or biophysicist, as part of a team or leader of a team, will identify and develop technologies to assist in threat prediction, detection and neutralization of CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear) threats and WMD threats, as well as provide technical and programmatic support to the DHS (Department of Homeland Security) CWMD (Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction) office to identify and develop technologies to assist in threat detection and neutralization. Previous experience in any of these areas is important.
A robust team is being formed for a high priority project which will utilize research and development, engineering, and other resources to develop, optimize, prototype, test, and integrate emerging technologies into airports, seaports, and other points of interest in our national defense.
GST gives significant independence and flexibility to its staff, including technical teams, to complete their missions, believing this enhances both productivity and morale.
We are looking for Subject Matter Experts, team and project leaders, as well as more junior members of staff.
• Strength in any aspect of CBRN (chemical, biological, radiological, and/or nuclear threats) is desired.
• Valuable is experience providing advisory and assistance services to government.
• Especially valuable is experience within the US government Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with the CWMD office, or with the former DNDO and BioWatch. For any of the Program Manager positions, and for senior leadership positions, this is important.
• Useful is experience in countermeasure research, analysis, development, prototyping.
• Experience in development and/or engineering of CWMD solutions is valued, but not required for all positions.
• We seek candidates broadly, from industry, government, and academia.
• Academic credentials from BS to PhD and beyond are interesting to us.
• Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance.
Global Systems Technology (gstpa.com) is a prime contractor with the federal government in developing and implementing (among other things) detection and neutralization of dangerous or weaponized items that can be hidden or packed inside of, for example, luggage on an airplane.
Technology specialists from industry, government, or academia, skilled in the domains of nuclear, radioactive, chemical, and biological activities (CBRN), are needed.