The Incumbent of this position serves as a Microbiologist (Inspector), GS-0403-11 in a developmental capacity with promotion potential to the GS-0403-12 level. The incumbent will perform specified portions of scientific work involving studies of the characteristics and life processes of microorganisms, their interrelationships with other living forms, and their reactions to the environment.
As a Microbiologist (Inspector) you will:
- Perform regulatory on-site inspections/assessments of Federal, State, academic, and private laboratories to ensure compliance with federal regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and deliver written and oral reports to a variety of individuals and groups in both informal and formal settings.
- Prepare reports on scientific investigations, studies and projects.
- Prepare various written documents related to select agent and toxin activities for the regulated community (i.e., reports of inspection findings; compliance-related documents, training materials, etc.).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
50% or less – You may be expected to perform 40% domestic travel for this position.