Website Gryphon Technologies
Gryphon Technologies is a premier engineering and technical services provider supporting National Security programs. Gryphon is the federal Government’s partner working in support of mission critical systems in every phase of their lifecycle. We are proud of our ability to help shape tomorrow, while ensuring today’s U.S. and coalition forces can carry out their critical missions and tasks.
Gryphon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We provide Scientific, Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) support to Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in Arlington, VA. For sixty years, DARPA has held to a singular and enduring mission: to make pivotal investments in breakthrough technologies for national security.
We have an immediate need for a Senior Science Advisor to support the Biological Technologies Office (BTO) at DARPA in Arlington, VA. The Senior Science Advisor will provide high-level technical support to DARPA BTO Leadership which may include the development of strategy documents, high-level briefings, identification and analysis of emerging trends in biological technologies, deep analysis of the state of the art, and interpretation of the trends to inform potential opportunity areas, participate in program reviews and assist in the development of new start briefings spanning future programs in all thrust areas in BTO. This support with also include providing technical analyses to help define, assess, and monitor new and emerging research opportunities, as well as potential new thrust ideas for the office. The ideal Advisor will also have experience working on topics related to national security objectives for science and technology development at home and abroad.
The Senior Science Advisor should have strong technical knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
1) Synthetic biology
4) Infectious disease
5) Drug/Medical countermeasure development
- Secret DoD Security Clerance (Top Secret preferred)
- Ph.D. in Biology, Neuroscience, Chemistry, and/or Engineering related field
- Strong technical writing skills, ability to communicate complex scientific ideas to broad audiences, digest basic and applied research across areas of biotechnology and apply to defense capability gaps
- Willingness to explore the scientific literature for emerging biotechnology.
- Ability to rapidly switch between scientific topics depending on the tasking
- Able to quickly make determinations in assessing the scientific topics, and suggest options to BTO leadership for potential actions that could be taken that are within DARPA’s purvie
- Ability to handle a wide variety of tasks, to include briefing development in PowerPoint and general administrative tasks
One must have good written communication, interpersonal, problem-solving, analytical, mathematical, and organizational skills. Ability to follow directions is a must. Applicants must be able to work well alone and as part of a team. A Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one will be required. U.S. Citizenship required.