This position is responsible for providing technical support and assistance in a virology research laboratory. They collaborate with researchers and scientists in conducting experiments, collecting and analyzing data, and maintaining laboratory equipment. Their role involves performing various laboratory techniques and procedures specific to virology research, such as viral culturing, sample preparation, and molecular analysis. They also contribute to troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring the proper functioning of laboratory equipment, and maintaining a clean and organized work environment.
Compensation & Benefits:
Estimated Starting Salary Range for Lab Tech – Virology Research Technical Support: Minimum $50K
Pay commensurate with experience.
Full time benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K and other possible benefits as provided. Benefits are subject to change with or without notice.
Lab Tech – Virology Research Technical Support Responsibilities Include:
- Support laboratory experiments in BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 laboratories
- Aid in the execution of scientific studies, including basic cell culture and plaque assays
- Perform polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and other assays
- Conduct animal procedures and collect and analyze data
- Maintain laboratory and laboratory equipment
- Support 1-5 Non-human Primate studies and 10-20 rodent studies per year in BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 laboratories
- Perform inoculations with virus, vaccine, or testing material, collect tissues, and process blood samples
- Conduct in vitro testing of candidate vaccines and therapeutic compounds against various viruses
- Prepare study materials for experiments, including cell culture media, tube labeling, and paperwork
- Perform immunological procedures such as ELISA and Western Blot assays
- Carry out basic cell culture, plaque assays, PCR, and other assays for NHP and rodent studies
- Perform general laboratory maintenance duties, cleaning, and preparation for inspections
- Assist with inventory management of study materials and samples
- Provide weekly Contractor Research Technical Reports to the TPOC (Technical Point of Contact)
- Manage supplies for in vivo and in vitro studies, including assessment, ordering, and inventory maintenance
- Enroll and maintain BPRP (Biological Personnel Reliability Program) status as required by the contract and regulations.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Lab Tech – Virology Research Technical Support Experience, Education, Skills, Abilities requested:
- Bachelor’s in Biology or related field
- 0-2 years’ experience
- US Citizenship required
- Previous experience working in a virology research laboratory or a similar scientific research setting.
- Familiarity with working in BSL-2, BSL-3, and BSL-4 laboratories, including knowledge of safety protocols and procedures.
- Experience in conducting laboratory experiments, handling viral cultures, and performing various virology techniques and assays.
- Proficiency in basic cell culture techniques, including cell line maintenance and handling.
- Experience in performing virology assays such as plaque assays, PCR, ELISA, and Western Blot assays.
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to analyze and interpret experimental data accurately.
- Familiarity with data management and analysis software.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills to maintain accurate records and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and effectively communicate with researchers, scientists, and other laboratory staff.
- Adherence to safety protocols and guidelines to ensure a safe working environment.
- Past applicable job experience may include, but is not limited to: Lab technician, Virology Research Associate, or Virology Technical Support
- Must pass pre-employment qualifications of Cherokee Federal
Cherokee Nation Assurance (CNA) provides support, services, and solutions to federal and commercial customers. The company takes a personalized approach to solving our clients’ toughest challenges, helping you make the most of your skills. CNA is part of Cherokee Federal – a team of tribally owned federal contracting companies. For more information, visit cherokee-federal.com.
Job Identification #19910
To apply for this job please visit ejvp.fa.us2.oraclecloud.com.