The effort is managed by the Medical Countermeasure Systems – Joint Vaccine Acquisition Program (MCS-JVAP), the life cycle manager for the Department of Defense (DoD) responsible for developing, producing and stockpiling FDA-licensed vaccines to protect the Warfighter from biological agents.
The contractor would be responsible for all facets of vaccine development including:
- Development of nonclinical and clinical drug supply
- Analytical methods development
- Non-clinical IND enabling studies
- Phase 1 clinical trials
- Regulatory strategy to assure FDA-licensure
- Delivering FDA-licensed vaccines to maintain DoD stockpiles
Further details are available under Solicitation Number: W911QY-15-RFI-VACCINE. The response deadline is January 30, 2015.