The U.S. Department of Defense has recently awarded a notable contract related to the field of chemical, biological, radiological and nuclear (CBRN) equipment or life science research of interest for potential applications in biodefense:
The U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID) at Ft. Detrick, Maryland has awarded a $49,800,000 indefinite-delivery/indefinite-quantity shared contract for support service.
The government selected these companies for the contract out of 14 bids received:
- Cher Oklahomaee Nation Assurance LLC, Catoosa, Oklahoma (W81XWH-16-D-0002)
- DS Federal, Inc., Rockville, Maryland (W81XWH-16-D-0003)
- Eagle Applied Sciences, LLC, San Antonio, Texas (W81XWH-16-D-0004)
- Laulima Government Solutions, LLC, Orlando, Florida (W81XWH-16-D-0005)
- One Federal Solution, Waldorf, Maryland (W81XWH-16-D-0006)
- TCONNEX Inc., McLean, Virginia (W81XWH-16-D-0007)
- Venesco & Hyperion Joint Venture, Chantilly, Virginia (W81XWH-16-D-0008)
The estimated completion date of the contract is Nov. 19, 2020 with funding and work location to be determined with each order. Army Medical Research Acquisition Activity, Frederick, Maryland is the contracting activity.