The U.S. Air Force Nuclear Weapons Center is looking for information on wearable devices and biometric data systems to support health monitoring and contact tracing activities in conjunction with the Pandemic Case Management Suite (PCMS).
PCMS has been identified as an operational requirement in an effort to support the USAF’s fight against the COVID-19 and future biological outbreaks by providing early infection identification and digital traceability of infected personnel to commanders to inform personnel and unit readiness decisions.
Information is sought on technologies that can provide insight into biometric data (ex: heart rate fluctuation, O2 levels, heart rate, heart rate variability, temperature, inter-beat interval, etc.) that can identify a potential infection early and alert the user through its user dashboard.
The wearable technology needs to have an ability to integrate into a third-party dashboard and be able to comply with and obtain a cybersecurity authorization.
The Government is also seeking information on the commercial availability of data integration services which will require the integration of dozens of commercial data streams. An interested party would have ample security capabilities to protect user data and personally identifiable information (PII).
- Is the technology approved for use in secure environments?
- How are supply-chain risks mitigated?
- Are there foreign companies in your supply chain?
- How is user privacy protected?
- Is private industry using your technology or service for COVID-19 today?
- What has been the user adoption rate when used for COVID-19?
- What impact has technology or service had on the organizations return-to-normal business operations?
- Has the number of active users declined since the vaccines have been released?
- Has your device shown a correlation between collected biometric data and COVID-19 infection (and/or symptom onset)?
- Have these results been analyzed and/or confirmed in a peer review setting?
- Would your company be willing to sign an Associated Contractor Agreement (ACA) to ensure the free flow of non-proprietary information to enhance success of the PCMS program?
Additional requirements are detailed at SAM.gov (PCMS_SEPT2021).
Palantir Awarded PCMS Data Integration Purchase Order From USAF Nuclear Weapons Center
AFWERX Pandemic Case Management Suite – COVID 19 Tracing Wearables RFI