African Biological Safety Association (AfBSA)African Biological Safety Association (AfBSA)
The African Biological Safety Association (AfBSA) is a non-governmental and non-profit working to promote biosafety and biosecurity in Africa.
The organization works to expand biosafety awareness and promote the development of work practices, equipment and facilities to reduce the potential for occupational illness and adverse environmental impact from infectious agents or biologically-derived materials.
AfBSA supports emerging legislation and standards in the areas of biosafety, biosecurity, biotechnology, transport and associated activities.
Editor’s Picks: Articles and resources related to AfBSA and biosafety initiatives in Africa. Links may lead to external sites.
- Status of Laboratory Biosafety and Biosecurity in Veterinary Research Facilities in Nigeria
- Chatham House Round-Table Re-Defines Development of Bio-Safety Labs in Developing Countries
- The Sustainable Laboratories Initiative
- Strengthening Regulatory Capacity for Gene Drives in Africa
- Biosafety Issues in Food and Agricultural Systems in Africa
- The State of Laboratory Biosafety and Biosecurity in the Southern African Development Community .pdf
- Kenya – National Biosafety Authority
Fairlane House Mbagathi Road Nairobi Kenya