- This event has passed.
2020 ASM Biothreats
January 28 - January 30
The leading annual conference on biodefense, biosecurity and biological threats, ASM Biothreats, will be held January 28–30, 2020 in Arlington, Virginia.
Hosted by the American Society for Microbiology, this one-of-a-kind meeting draws stakeholders from government, academia and industry for an important exchange of knowledge and ideas that will shape the future of high consequence pathogen research.
ASM Biothreats offers a unique program that explores the latest developments and emerging technologies in the industry.
A few highlights in this year’s outstanding agenda include:
- Smallpox: Development and Use of the Panoply of Countermeasures in the Armamentarium
- Biomarkers for Biothreats: New Opportunities for Discovery and Verification
- Research and Innovation to Inform Management of High Consequence Infectious Pathogens
- Aggressive Measures to Develop Assays and Animal Models to Combat ZIKV Infection
- New Developments in Antimicrobials
- From Surveillance to Bedside: Tools for the Next Outbreak
- Basic Vector Biology Research to Combat Vector-borne Diseases
- Immune Correlates of Protection for Vaccines against Biothreat Viruses
- Evolution of Biothreat Viruses
- Intracellular Bacteria – Pathogenesis and Countermeasures
- Innovations in Biothreat Detection
- International Collaboration without Complications and Confusion
- Vaccine Development Efforts Against Bacterial Biothreats
Please visit the ASM Biothreats 2020 website to register.
Global Biodefense is an official media partner of ASM Biothreats.