- This event has passed.
APRC2 – Asia Pacific Rickettsia Conference 2019
November 3, 2019 - November 6, 2019
The 2nd Asia Pacific Rickettsia Conference, APRC2 2019, will be held 3-6 November 2019 in Chiang Rai, Thailand.
Rickettsiae and rickettsial diseases are a major cause of illness in humans and animals throughout the Asia Pacific region. This conference is of interest to medical doctors, veterinarians, public health professionals, epidemiologists, diagnostic laboratory personnel, entomologists and scientists.
Agenda topics of interested include:
- Biosafety and biosecurity requirements for Orientia spp. diagnosis and research
- Scrub typhus and the misconception of doxycycline resistance
- Rickettsia rickettsii whole cell antigen vaccine confers protection against Rocky Mountain spotted fever
- Detection of Rickettsia species in Haemaphysalis flava from the Republic of Korea
- Molecular detection of Rickettsia spp. in dogs and Coxiella burnetii in ruminants in the Philippines
- Evidence of Q fever and rickettsial disease in Chile
- Risk factors for scrub typhus, murine typhus and spotted fever sero-positivity in urban areas
- Prospective, open-label, randomized trials of doxycycline versus azithromycin for the treatment of uncomplicated murine typhus and scrub typhus
- Review of diagnostic cut-offs for murine typhus IgM and IgG IFAs
- InBios Scrub Typhus Detect IgG and IgM ELISA kits for the diagnosis of scrub typhus acquired in Chile: proposed cut-off values
- The biology of emerging Rickettsia felis rickettsiosis
- Metagenomic approach to characterizing disease epidemiology in a disease-endemic environment
Please visit APRC2 2019 website for more information.