- This event has passed.
After CBRN – A Pathway to Recovery
July 16, 2014 - July 17, 2014
The After CBRN – A Pathway to Recovery seminar will be held July 16-17, 2014 in York, United Kingdom.
The event is hosted by the Emergency Planning College, in partnership with the Police National CBRN Centre, as part of their International Learning from Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Incidents program.
With representation from all key agencies, the very latest in CBRN management strategies and arrangements will be examined alongside learning from catastrophic international case studies.
Additionally, there are many lessons to be drawn from recovery after smaller scale, lower impact incidents that unfortunately occur more frequently – such as suicides using chemical means. This event will hear from emergency responders working to contain a growing threat.
Highlighted topics include:
- The Changing Context of Response to CBRN events: Drivers, Challenges and Opportunities
- The Argon Programme: Findings and Recommendations CI Cameron Mann, P N CBRN C
- CBRN: Tools and Guidance to Assist with Developing a Remediation Strategy
- Public Health England: Health and Decontamination Challenges
- Top Tips for Re-Invigorating Local Multi-Agency CBRN Planning
- Exploring Assumptions about Public Behavior during CBRN Events
- Government Decontamination Service Q&A
- Managing Contaminated Fatalities
This event will also launch a new venture between the Emergency Planning College and Police National CBRN Centre, who are working in association on this seminar and on future training collaborations.
Please visit the Emergency Planning College After CBRN seminar website for more information.