- This event has passed.
CANCELLED: Decennial 2020 – International Conference on Healthcare Associated Infections
March 26, 2020 - March 30, 2020
Notice from organizers 17 March 2020
After much deliberation and consideration of the Decennial participants’ substantial role in addressing COVID-19 globally, the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America’s Board of Trustees unanimously decided the 6th Decennial International Conference on Healthcare Associated Infections will no longer occur March 26 – 30, 2020, in Atlanta, GA. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention are in agreement with the decision to cancel. Please be patient with us as we navigate through questions, concerns, refunds, and everything in between. Registered participants can find registration refund information and FAQs on the Attendees/Cancellation FAQs page.
Decennial 2020 – The 6th International Conference on Healthcare Associated Infections will be held 26-30 March 2020 in Atlanta, Ga.
Held once every ten years, the Decennial Conference reviews the advances of the previous decade and the opportunities and trends for the fields of healthcare epidemiology, infectious diseases, and infection prevention and control for the future.
Topic areas covered at Decennial 2020 include:
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Interventions
- Healthcare-Associated Pneumonia/VAE
- Antimicrobial Stewardship Metrics
- Healthcare-Associated Urinary Tract Infections/CAUTI
- Outbreaks and Clusters
- Clostridium difficile
- Healthcare-Associated Bloodstream Infections/CLABSI
- Decolonization Strategies
- Healthcare Preparedness
- Implementation Science
- Infection Control in Low and Middle-Income Countries
- Public Reporting of HAIs/Healthcare Epi Policy
- Disinfection and Sterilization of instruments
- Infections in Immunocompromised Patients Quality Assessment
- Emerging Pathogens
- Intravascular Device-Related Infections
- Surgical Site Infections
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection
- Medical Informatics
- Fungal Infections
- Methodological and Statistical Issues
- Viral Infections
- Multidrug-Resistant Gram-Negative Bacteria
- Molecular Epidemiology
Please visit the Dicennial 2020 website for more information.