- This event has passed.
Recombinant Protein-Based COVID-19 Vaccines Workshop
April 27 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm EDT
The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) and FDA will host a virtual workshop titled Recombinant Protein-Based COVID-19 Vaccines April 27, 2023, from 9:00 am EDT to 1:00 pm EDT.
The goals of the workshop are to provide a forum for product sponsors to discuss progress and technical challenges in the manufacturing when changing strain composition to currently circulating variants of SARS-CoV-2; and an open forum for collaborative discussions to facilitate advancement of recombinant protein-based COVID-19 vaccines.
Highlighted topics include:
- Pandemic preparedness, target product profile, timelines, and the need for continued investment
- Epidemiology, disease burden, continued need for COVID-19 vaccines
- Features of novel vaccines, need for next generation vaccines
- Overcoming challenges to address strain updates and pandemic readiness
- Recombinant COVID-19 vaccine presentations from Novavax, Sanofi, SK Bioscience, Dyadic, Biological E, and Intravacc
Please visit the FDA’s Recombinant Protein-Based COVID-19 Vaccines Workshop site to register to attend online.