- This event has passed.
Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Disasters and Emergencies
February 15 @ 11:00 am - 4:00 pm EST
The Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Disasters and Emergencies will convene again on 15 February 2024.
In this meeting, Forum members will:
- Identify the seminal social and behavioral sciences (SBS) lessons learned from COVID-19 and other past public health emergencies
- Explore how SBS lessons, concepts, and theories can be leveraged to inform and be incorporated in future medical and public health preparedness and response efforts
- Discuss receive updates, and provide input on current and planned Forum activities and other National Academies activities of interest.
Formed in 2007, the Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Disasters and Emergencies convenes and engages leaders at federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial levels representing government, non-profit, and for-profit sectors to improve the nation’s medical and public health preparedness for, response to, and recovery from disasters and emergencies, including emerging threats.
Recent work of the Forum includes:
- Medical Countermeasures- Expanding Delivery and Increasing Uptake Through Public-Private Partnerships
- Future of the Nation’s Laboratory Systems for Health Emergency Response
- Future Planning for the Public Health Emergency Preparedness Enterprise: Lessons Learned from the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Applying Lessons Learned from COVID-19 Research and Development to Future Epidemics
- Accelerating the Development and Uptake of Rapid Diagnostics to Address Antibiotic Resistance
- Evolving Crisis Standards of Care and Lessons Learned
- COVID-19: Disaster Preparedness and Vulnerable Populations
- Enhancing Private Sector Readiness for 21st Century Health Threats
- Engaging Private Sector Healthcare Systems in Building Capacity to Respond to Threats to the Public’s Health and National Security
- The Future of Disaster Health Volunteerism
Please visit the National Academies’ Forum on Medical and Public Health Preparedness for Disasters and Emergencies – February 2024 Meeting website for more information.