- This event has passed.
IABS-CEPI Vaccine Technology Platforms Meeting
March 16, 2020 - March 17, 2020
A cross-learning symposium on vaccine licensure based on technology platforms, the IABS-CEPI-ZAPI Technology Platforms Meeting, will take place 16-17 March 2020 in Brussels, Belgium.
The scientific committee for this workshop is co-Chaired by:
- Daniel Brasseur, former CHMP-PDCO-VWP chair at EMA; CEPI consultant
- Murray Lumpkin, former Deputy Director, FDA; Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Highlighted topics of interest on the agenda include:
- WHO regulatory preparedness activities to facilitate access to emergency vaccines
- Human influenza vaccine successes and failures
- Lessons for emergency preparedness leaned from Ebola vaccine development and licensure
- Regulatory approach to vaccine tech platforms: FDA perspective, EU approach, AVAREF, Asian regulators
- Advanced human vaccines in the pipeline (viral vectors, VSV-Measles-ChAd…) and RNA, DNA technologies
- To what extent can clinical trials be pre-arranged?
- Determining what is platform generic vs. platform specific in manufacturing and quality control
- Challenges to prove vaccine efficacy for outbreak vaccines and mitigating risk
- Streamlining regulatory acceptance from ‘tried and true’ vaccine platforms
In addition, CEPI will review its current portfolio and examples of vaccine candidates based on technology platforms.
Members of the Scientific Committee include:
- Dr. Barney Graham, NIH, Deputy Director and Chief, Viral Pathogenesis Laboratory
- Dr. Mélanie Saville, Director, Vaccine Development, CEPI
- Prof. Dr. Johan Neyts, Rega Institute Louvain, Belgium, specialist of DNA vaccine PLLAV
- Dr. Marion Gruber, FDA, Director, Office of Vaccine Research and Review – CBER
- Dr. Ivo Classen, EMA, Head of Veterinary Medicines Division
- Dr. Marco Cavaleri, EMA, Head of Anti-infectives and Vaccines
- Prof Dr. Jeffery Almond, Oxford University; Chairman of the Board, Osivax
- Dr. Jean-Christophe Audonnet, Senior Director, Vaccines R&D; ZAPI Project Coordinator;
- Boehringer Ingelheim Animal Health
- Dr. Emmanuel Hanon, Senior Vice President, Head of R&D, GSK Vaccines
- Dr Ajoy Chakrabarti, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Vaccine Development
- Dr Steve Black, The Brighton Collaboration, Task Force for Global Health
Register now for the IABS-CEPI Technology Platforms Meeting