- This event has passed.
ICVRAM 2014 – Vulnerability and Risk Analysis
July 13, 2014 - July 16, 2014
The 2nd International Conference on Vulnerability and Risk Analysis and Management (ICVRAM 2014) will take place July 13-16, 2014 in Liverpool, United Kingdom.
The event is held concurrently with the 6th International Symposium on Uncertainty Modelling and Analysis (ISUMA 2014). The objective of this conference is to bring experts and decision makers from different disciplines but working on similar problems together to share information on current and emerging developments and to initiate advancements towards a solution to our challenges through cross-fertilization.
This conference and subsequent publications will help transition intellectual discussions into robust frameworks for handling emerging vulnerabilities and risks, and provide the leadership and initiative required to respond to national and international disasters.
Hazards, risks and respective mitigation strategies are of rapidly growing interest in infrastructure systems and the built environment. This includes:
- Natural and man-made hazards
- Economical and banking risks
- Security risks
- Critical incidents
- Insurance risks
- Environmental risks
- Nuclear risks
- Structural vulnerability and reliability
- Infrastructure security
- Structural and infrastructure robustness
- Software reliability
- Energy risks
- Supply chain vulnerability
- Policy development
The event will address major challenges in the development of solutions for these high complexity and the multi-disciplinary problems as well as comprehensive quantification, efficient processing and management of the involved uncertainties. Proposed approaches are being developed using probabilistic concepts, fuzzy and interval concepts, and imprecise probabilities.
Specific presentations by expert stakeholders include:
- Social Vulnerability, Risk and Resiliency
- A Risk-based Framework for Defense Products Overhaul
- Sensitivity Analysis of Environmental Models
- Equipment Replacement Under Event- and Consequence-Uncertainty: An Info-Gap Approach
- A Novel Approach to Efficient Risk-Based Optimization
- Real Time Asset Monitoring and Risk Management of Critical Infrastructures
- Approximation Concepts For Fuzzy Structural Analysis
- Mathematics, Metaphors and the Management of Vulnerability and Risk
- Robust Simulation: Why and When Needed and What Should Be Qualified
- Emergency Management of Drinking Water Infrastructures – Bayesian Decision Support System
- Reliability Assessment of Structures Using Interval Uncertainty Analysis
- Robust Decision Analysis for Environmental Management of Groundwater Contamination Sites
- Risk Assessment of the Disruption of Resource Movements from Flooding
The joint conference is organized by the Institute for Risk & Uncertainty in collaboration with the ASCE Council on Disaster Risk Management, the Environmental Change Institute at the University of Oxford, and the Virtual Engineering Centre.
Proceedings from the conference will appear as an ASCE publication. Please visit the 2nd International Conference on Vulnerability and Risk Analysis and Management website for more information.