Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That’s because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation’s toughest challenges—and we’re committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We’re making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
As a member of the MITRE Biotechnology Group, you will provide oversight and contribute to the technical expertise to biodefense, biosecurity, and preparedness related programs across the US Government.
• Background in experimental biology with a PhD in one of the following areas: Microbiology, Pathobiology, Molecular Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry, Immunology, or related fields
• 1-3 years relevant experience beyond the PhD with recent experience conducting laboratory research
• Strong scientific primary literature review skills
• Knowledge of biotech programs in CDC, NIH, ASPR, or other USG agencies
• Experience in early-stage vaccine development, immune mechanisms, and vaccine design platforms