Website RTI International
- Collaborate with the Act | East team to identify opportunities to conduct evaluation/ implementation research activities in order to answer learning questions in Act | East’s learning agenda.
- Lead and support successful design, protocol development, implementation, and analysis of Act | East evaluation/ implementation research studies and activities, ensuring that these complement routine monitoring and contribute to learning at program and global levels. This includes qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methods evaluation/ implementation research activities.
- In collaboration with Act | East’s data analytics experts, analyze project M&E data and generate results in easy-to-understand visual formats.
- Work with the Act | East Learning Specialist and project-wide team members to facilitate uptake of evaluation/implementation research findings and learnings for programmatic refinement as well as policy discussions.
- Work with Act | East Communications Specialist and other team members to ensure that evaluation/implementation research results are captured in briefs, reports, conference abstracts, blogs, journal manuscripts and other documentation products. This includes providing guidance and support to Act | East staff as well as drafting materials, submitting to conferences and peer-reviewed journals, etc.
- Support capacity building of Act | East staff (including in-country program and consortium partner staff) to carry out evaluation/implementation research activities, analyze, and use data.
- Collaborate with strategic partners across RTI (and specifically its International Development Group) to identify areas for evaluation/implementation research support and engagement.
- Other work as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Master’s degree (doctoral degree preferred) in Public Health, Epidemiology, Health Sciences or related field;
• Candidates must have at least 6 years of specialized experience carrying out evaluations, implementation research, and/or operations research in global health.
• Demonstrated experience in technical proposal, abstract, report and journal manuscript writing.
• Experience in working with diverse teams in various global settings to conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis, visualization, use and reporting.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Proven ability and experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection, management, analysis, use, visualization, reporting and dissemination.
• Strong qualitative analysis skills with proficiency in at least one qualitative analysis software (ATLAS.ti, NVivo, etc.).
• Strong quantitative analysis skills with proficiency in at least one quantitative analysis software (SAS, STATA, R).
• Ability to translate complex data into easily understandable reports, abstracts and narratives
• Ability to analyze M&E and other programmatic data and synthesize findings as learning for programmatic use.
• Excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting while also taking initiative to complete assigned tasks with high quality and within tight timelines.
• Technical content expertise in one or both of the following areas preferable: infectious diseases (including NTDs, malaria, HIV, TB), and/or health systems strengthening.
• An understanding of development issues and potential challenges when operating in developing country contexts.
• Ability to navigate complex global, multi-cultural interactions diplomatically.
• Strong English oral and written communication skills (native speaker or professional-level fluency).
• Willingness to travel up to 20% of time, if required.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. RTI is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
To apply for this job please visit rtiint.referrals.selectminds.com.