Website NIAID Rocky Mountain Laboratories
The Vector-Pathogen-Host Interaction Unit, Laboratory of Bacteriology, located on the NIAID Rocky Mountain Laboratories campus in Hamilton, Montana, is seeking a postdoctoral fellow with a strong immunology and/or microbiology background to be part of a team working to understand the immunopathogenesis of vector-transmitted diseases.
The successful candidate will be expected to plan, design, and conduct research experiments; manage research projects; prepare reports and papers for publication, presentation, and future research; learn the complexities of research lab management; and work collaboratively and collegially as part of the team while developing skills needed as an independent scientist.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Doctoral degree or equivalent (Ph.D., D.V.M., M.D., D.O.) in immunology and/or microbiology or other closely related field
- Demonstrated research experience with basic experimental procedures such as molecular techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, RT-PCR, Real Time PCR), immunostaining, flow cytometry, maintaining cell cultures, ELISAs, Western blot, preparation and analysis of RNA/DNA sequencing, in vivo inoculations, necropsy, and tissue collection/processing; experimental design; and basic statistical analysis
- Highly motivated, able to conduct independent research, and have participated in publications in internationally recognized journals
- Good communication and writing skills
- Experience with animal and arthropod manipulation; manuscript writing experience; and a peer-reviewed publication record
- Prior experience in immunology and microbiology and experience handling/culturing ehrlichial/rickettsial (or similar) agents
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, and contact information for three professional references to NIAIDDIRSearch@niaid.nih.gov. Women and people from other groups underrepresented in biomedical research are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to NIAIDDIRSearch@niaid.nih.gov