The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is soliciting proposals for advanced research and development to support regulatory science. The purpose of the Broad Agency Announcement is to utilize industry capabilities to advance the state of the art and achieve improvements in technology, materials, processes, methods, devices, or techniques important to the FDA mission.
Highlighted topic areas include:
- -Facilitate Development of Medical Countermeasures to Protect Against Threats to U.S. and Global Health and Security
- -Modernize Toxicology to Enhance Product Safety
- -Identify and Evaluate Biomarkers for Use in Non-Clinical and Clinical Evaluations
- -Stimulate Innovation in Clinical Evaluations and Personalized Medicine
- -Reduce Risk of Microbial Contamination of Products
- -Support New Approaches to Improve Product Manufacturing and Quality
- -Ensure FDA Readiness to Evaluate Innovative Emerging Technologies
- -Harness Diverse Data through Information Sciences to Improve Health Outcomes
- -Implement a New Prevention-Focused Food Safety System to Protect Public Health
- -Strengthening Social and Behavioral Science at FDA
- -Strengthening the Global Product Safety Net
Further details are available under Solicitation Number: FDABAA-13-00119. The BAA remains open for one year.