The office of the Joint Project Manager for Protection (JPM-P) is interested in collecting information from U.S. domestic companies who are currently in the CBRN collective protection and/or vehicle-mounted systems manufacturing markets who may have interest in producing vehicle-mounted CBRN collective protection systems to meet Department of Defense requirements.
Respondents must submit capability statements addressing the following areas:
- Production of vehicle-mounted systems, CBRN protective systems, rigid and soft-wall shelter systems or other similar type equipment
- Manufacturing & Assembly Capabilities to include any: Industrial Design, Electro-Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, CNC Machining, Thermoplastic/Elastomeric Injection Molding, Automation, and Robotic Welding
- Engineering capabilities including: Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Thermodynamic, and HVAC as they relate to vehicle mounted mobile CBRN collective protection systems
- Drawing generation and revision in accordance with MIL-STD-31000 and ANSI Y14.100 drawing standards and practices including Computer Aided Design (CAD) and drafting equipment, software, facilities and equipment
- Configuration Management processes including Engineering Change Proposal generation, approval and incorporation, document control/data management and release processes (Ref MIL-HDBK-61A)
- Capabilities for programming in software language C/C++ and the following software/firmware tools and environments: Extensible Markup Language (XML), ARM7 Digital Network Processor (DNP), Microsoft Visual Studio, and/or Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Experience maintaining configuration control of the source code and software documentation
Information gathered in response to the RFI will be used to support the JPM-P in strategic planning for production of Chemical Biological Protective Shelter systems. Specifically, information gathered will be reviewed as part of a market survey in support of a follow-on production contract estimated to be awarded in 2014.
The office of the Joint Project Manager for Protection (JPM-P), under the Joint Program Executive Office for Chemical and Biological Defense (JPEO-CBD), is the Department of Defense (DoD) organization responsible for the advanced development, procurement, fielding, and sustainment of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) protection and hazard mitigation capabilities and facilitation of CBRN survivability integration into non-CBRN programs.
Further details are available under Solicitation Number: W911QY14RCBPS.