The Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) Research and Development Directorate is seeking sources capable of providing Advisory and Assistance Services (A&AS).
The R&D Directorate (J9) is the DTRA focal point for research and development relevant to the mission of Combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD), providing expertise across the full range of Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) WMD technologies.
Activities for the support contract range from basic research through the development and integration of technologies:
- Provide technical expertise across the spectrum of CBRNE WMD science and technology-related responsibilities
- Provide program management expertise to support the execution of R&D programs and projects throughout the acquisition life cycle
- Assess state-of-the-art and emerging technology in terms of utility, maturity and risk, and potential applicability for meeting chemical and biological defense requirements
- Assist in developing vision, goals and objectives for J9 and its individual elements and coordinating and integrating them with respect to DTRA
- Establish and maintain technical interfaces with recognized technical experts and professional contacts with leaders in industry, academia and government arenas pertinent to CBRNE WMD technologies
- Provide technical and logistical support for planning, implementing and evaluating program activities
- Review program technical, cost and schedule data and assess adequacy of performance for meeting program objectives
- Prepare draft briefings, reports, and presentations for senior officials in DoD and other executive branch agencies and professional symposia
- Support resource management activities to include budgeting, programming and accounting
- Create and maintain various management documents including monthly status reports, Statements of Work, yearly financial obligation plans, yearly financial execution status and other requests as they occur
Further details are available under Solicitation Number: Solicitation Number: DTRA-J9FO_AAS.