The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) “2014 DNDO Industry Day” will be held December 9, 2014 in Washington, DC.
This event will provide interested vendors, universities, national laboratories, and federal collaborators with an overview of DNDO’s product acquisition priorities and long-term research and development (R&D) focus areas and show how they align to the Department’s Global Nuclear Detection Architecture (GNDA) strategy.
This year’s event will focus on:
- Facilitating dialogue among Government, Industry, Academia, and National Labs to promote technology solutions to homeland security challenges.
- Encouraging mutually beneficial relationships between Government, Industry, Academia, and National Labs.
- Understanding the detector market.
- Promoting technology transition from Research and Development to Commercialization.
The event will feature a user panel, enabling attendees to participate in a dialogue with end users on their needs and challenges. Additionally, we will be holding breakout sessions to strategically target smaller, more focused dialogues around some of the more challenging facets of R&D as they relate to DNDO’s mission.
The topics for the breakout sessions are:
- Detection of SNM (Special Nuclear Material), especially if shielded
- Wide Area Search (WAS), including in Urban and Cluttered Environments
- Low Cost Materials for gamma and/or neutron detectors
For those individuals who cannot attend in person, DNDO has made available a webcast for this event. Both in-person and webcast participants must register for the event in advance.
Please visit Solicitation Number: DNDOIndustryDay122014 for more information.