The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will be accepting proposals for the latest Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR FY15.1) program beginning this week on December 18, 2014.
The joint solicitation between the Science and Technology (S&T) Directorate and the Domestic Nuclear Detection Office (DNDO) covers an array of security topics for potential funding, including:
- Wearable Communications Hub Designed to Streamline and Improve First Responder Communications
- Stable Semiconductor Modules as Core Component in Pager Radiation Detectors
- Mass/Shielding Anomaly Passive Detector Module for Nuclear Materials
- DNA and Latent Fingerprint Collection from Same Sample
- Low-cost, Disposable, Tamper-Proof Bolt Seal
- Enhanced Distributed Denial of Service Defense
- Privacy Protecting Analytics for the Internet of Things
- Total Vehicle Mobile X-Ray Scanner
- Canine Mounted Track and Transmit Device
Phase I proposals submission can be made December 18, 2014 – January 21, 2015. The last day to submit questions is January 7, 2015. Further details are available via Solicitation Number: HSHQDC-15-R-00017.