The DoD’s Critical Reagents Program (CRP) has announced intentions to procure laboratory assessments on five Who Health Organization (WHO) Emerging and Dangerous Pathogens Laboratory Network (EDPLN) locations in Africa.
The assessment includes transfer of cryovials of clinical material to the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease (USAMRIID) for evaluation and accessioning into the Unified Culture Collection (UCC); and assay performance data for CRP polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assays and CRP MAGPIX assays from the testing of clinical materials in the freezers at these locations.
The locations include:
- Centre International de Recherches Medicales de Franceville (CIRMF) in Gabon
- Uganda Virus Research Institute (UVRI)
- National Institute of Communicable Diseases (NICD) in South Africa
- Institut National de Recherche Biomedicale (INRB) in the Democratic Republic of Congo
- Institut Pasteur de Dakar in Senegal
The intended contractor is Foundation Merieux of Washington D.C. A Firm Fixed Price Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) type contract will be issued for one base year with two one-year option periods for laboratory assessments, whole genome sequence data on clinical materials contained in cryovials, transfer of clinical material contained in cryovials, and assay performance data.