Internationally-recognized infectious disease experts nationwide will gather this week in San Diego for the 4th annual IDWeek Oct. 7-11.
IDWeek features the latest in prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and epidemiology of infectious diseases, including HIV.
The event is a combined meeting of the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), the HIV Medicine Association (HIVMA) and the Pediatric Infectious Diseases Society (PIDS).
Highlighted topics include:
- Measles vaccination in the U.S.
- Antibiotic stewardship and C. diff
- Vaccines and traveling
- HIV and the Affordable Care Act
- Pediatric infectious diseases
- TB prevention at home and abroad
- Ebola survivorship, global response and lessons learned
- Telehealth in infectious disease practices
- Emergence of MERS, Chikungunya and Dengue
- Diagnostic tools and advances
- Clinical virology of Ebola
- Enterovirus-D68 outbreak in U.S.
- Hot issues in vaccine policy
- Neglected tropical disease eradication
- Global immunization strategies
Please visit ISDA’s IDWeek 2015 website for more information.