The Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), within the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response in the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, has released three presolicitation Broad Agency Announcements (BAAs) in support of medical countermeasures development.
BARDA manages Project BioShield, which includes the procurement and advanced development of medical countermeasures for chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) agents, as well as the advanced development and procurement of medical countermeasures for pandemic influenza and other emerging infectious diseases that fall outside the auspices of Project BioShield.
BARDA anticipates that advanced research and development contracts awarded under the following BAAs will advance the maturity and scientific understanding of candidate medical countermeasures, and result in a broader portfolio of products for potential consideration under future procurement activities.
BAA-16-100-SOL-00001 Advanced Research and Development of CBRN Medical Countermeasures
- Antitoxins and Therapeutic Proteins
- Antimicrobial Therapeutics
- Radiological/Nuclear Threat Medical Countermeasures
- Chemical Threat Medical Countermeasures
- Clinical Diagnostics
BAA-16-100-SOL-00002 Advanced Development of Medical Countermeasures for Pandemic Influenza
- Personal Protective Equipment (Mask and Respirators) for Influenza Infection for All- Hazards
- Full-Featured Continuous Ventilators for Influenza and All-Hazards
- Influenza Test Systems and Diagnostic Tools
- Influenza Therapeutics
- Influenza Vaccines
BAA-16-100-SOL-00003 Advanced Research and Development to Expedite the Identification, Development, and Manufacturing of Medical Countermeasures against Infectious Diseases
- Platform Technologies to Expedite the Identification, Development, and Manufacturing of Medical Countermeasures against Infectious Diseases
BARDA will host a Multi-BAA Pre-Proposal Conference October 14-16, 2015 in Washington, D.C. to further discuss these funding opportunities. Advance registration is required.