Technologies are desired that can measure airborne chemical concentrations, determine vapor and aerosol fractions, and characterize aerosol composition, size distribution, concentration and velocities for agent defeat tests.
Required tasks include establishing and verifying suitable point referee systems for future stand-off technology readiness assessment; detection and analysis of biological simulants. The stand-off technology shall be tested using a wind tunnel, for generating aerosol plumes with controllable velocities, aerosol size distributions, and mass concentrations.
The laboratory facility and laboratory personnel must meet the following requirements:
- Aerosol wind tunnels for evaluation of sampling instrumentation
- Known testing parameters required – air velocities, temperatures, dissemination information
- Bioaerosol chambers for evaluating biodetectors and dissemination techniques
- Biosaftety Level 2 laboratory
- Located within 50 miles of KAFB, NM for time sensitive laboratory analysis.
Further details are available via Solicitation Number: HDTRA2_Chem_Bio_CWMD. Capability statements are due April 13, 2017.