The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Integrated Research Facility (IRF) is part of the National Interagency Biodefense Campus based at Fort Detrick, Maryland.
Under a new contract worth up to $131,306,342 the IRF will be managed and operated by Laulima Government Solutions LLC
The NIAID IRF is a biosafety level 4 (BSL-4) specialized biocontainment facility supporting basic research and animal studies on various infectious disease agents to evaluate therapeutics, vaccines and diagnostics as well as natural history and pathogenesis associated with these agents.
Scientists at the IRF focus intensively on developing prevention and treatment options that will be directly relevant to naturally occurring or deliberately introduced human diseases. IRF Staff may be required at times to deploy to infectious disease outbreak sites in support of NIAID DCR clinical protocols around the world.
Highlighted activities supported by the contract include:
- Clinical Core Services of Molecular Biology, Immunology, Virology, Cell Culture
- Imaging Physics with emphasis on Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed tomography (CT); Single Positron Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT); Positron Emission Tomography (PET) and Ultrasonography
- Outbreak Laboratory Support deployment to international and domestic sites
- Comparative Medicine and Animal Care and Technical Support at IRF
- Administrative Management and Operations inclusive of:
- Programmatic and Logistical Support
Additional details are available at FBO.gov (#HHSN272201800013C).