This Department of Health and Human Services position is located in the newly formed Division of Research, Innovations, and Ventures (DRIVe) within the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA), a component of the Assistant Secretary of Preparedness and Response (ASPR).
The DRIVe Director will support the ASPR mission to Save Lives and Protect Americans by using innovative and transformational technology-based solutions to solve critical and complex health care challenges.
- Use vision and strategic and scientific leadership to create programs that transform medical countermeasures and how they are made and used.
- Pursue imaginative and innovative research and development projects with the potential to have a significant positive impact on national health care challenges and meet live-saving national security needs.
- Identify promising MCMs and technology investment priorities and advance research and development strategies through public and private partnerships and collaborations with governmental and non-governmental organizations and other funding partners.
- Communicate programmatic priorities, funding opportunities and models, and business practices to diverse audiences that include industry, governmental and non-governmental organizations, funding partners, and the general public.
- Identify new business practices and funding mechanisms to increase efficiency and effectiveness in meeting programmatic objectives.
- Organize, direct, and manage all human, financial, and informational resources to implement a comprehensive strategy that delivers effective high quality programs.
The closing date of this vacancy announcement is extended until December 7, 2018.