- This event has passed.
ASM Clinical Virology Symposium 2019
May 5, 2019 - May 8, 2019
Hear the latest on microbiome-virome interactions, RNA sequencing for viral diagnosis, the challenges and opportunities for a universal influenza vaccine, and more at the 2019 ASM Clinical Virology Symposium, May 5-8, 2019.
With presentations on the latest research in the field, you won’t want to miss your chance to hear from top biomedical scientists, physicians, and laboratorians about the findings that will shape the future of clinical virology.
In addition, the Pan American Society for Clinical Virology (PASCV) will host the Molecular Virology Workshop, May 4, 2019.
Highlighted topics and presentations include:
- One Health: Challenges of Zoonotic Infections; Jennifer McQuiston; CDC
- Hot Topics in Virology; Emily A. Blumberg; Perelman Sch. of Med. at the Univ. of Pennsylvania
- CRISPR-Cas Biology and Infectious Diseases Diagnostic Applications; Daniel S. Chertow; NIH
- Development and Use of Molecular Diagnostic Assays During Recent Ebola and Lassa Fever Outbreaks; Trevor Shoemaker; CDC
- Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral Disease; John Watson; Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Test and Treat Diagnostics; Devasena Gnanashanmugam; Cepheid
- Evaluation of Laboratory Contamination during Routine Testing of Infectious Specimens; Melanie Yarbrough; Washington Univ. Sch. of Med.
- A Quick Primer: The Spectrum of Point-of-Care Molecular Tests; Richard Hodinka; Univ. of South Carolina Sch. of Med.
- Circulating EBV and KSHV DNA for Diagnosis and Monitoring; Richard Ambinder; Johns Hopkins Sch. of Med.
- ntegration of Point-of-Care Molecular Diagnostics in the Hospital Setting; Frederick Nolte; Med. Univ. of South Carolina
- Is It Time for Point-of-Care Molecular Diagnostics in Pharmacies?; Donald Klepser; Univ. of Nebraska Med. Ctr.
- Integrative Network Modeling Reveals Host-Pathogen in Alzheimer’s Disease
- Hepatitis A Outbreaks on the Rise Across the U.S.; Monique A. Foster; CDC
Please visit ASM’s Clinical Virology Symposium website for more information