- This event has passed.
4th ASM-ESCMID Conference
November 2, 2015 - November 5, 2015
American Society for Microbiology’s 4th ASM-ESCMID Conference on Methicillin-resistant Staphylococci in Animals: Veterinary and Public Health Implications is scheduled to take place Nov. 2-5, 2015 in Chicago, IL.
This conference focuses on the animal and public health aspects of methicillin-resistant staphylococci (MRS), including transmission of MRS between humans and animals (including livestock, companion animals and wildlife); livestock-associated MRSA in healthcare facilities and the community; diagnosis, management and prevention of infections in animals; infection control in hospitals, animal production, and the role of antimicrobial use in the dissemination of MRS.
Expected conference sessions include:
- Epidemiology of LA-MRSA
- Epidemiology of MRSP and MRSA in Companion Animals
- Round Table Discussion/Debate I: Do Antimicrobial Restriction Regulations help Reduce MRSA on Farms?
- Prevention and Control of LA-MRSA
- Treatment and Control of MRSP and MRSA in Companion Animals
- Round Table Discussion/Debate II: Are MRSA and MRSP in Companion Animals Relevant Zoonotic Disease Threats?
- Diagnostic Testing
Please visit American Society for Microbiology’s 4th ASM-ESCMID Conference website for more information and registration.