- This event has passed.
6th African Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases & Biosecurity
November 4, 2020 - November 6, 2020
The 6th African Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases & Biosecurity will be held 4-6 November 2020 in Lagos, Nigeria with virtual participation options.
Highlighted conference topics this year contributing to the overarching theme of “Strengthening Africa’s Resilience in tackling emerging biosecurity threats: Lessons from COVID-19” include:
- Biosecurity and biothreat reduction in Africa
- Climate change and biosecurity threats in Africa
- International biosecurity conventions: Biological weapons
- Harnessing the digital revolution and digital platforms to advance biosecurity
- Biobanking infrastructure
- Emerging infectious diseases as an accelerating phenonmenon
- Need for a vaccine strategy for the continent
- Cultural, Anthropological, Social and Economic Impact of Emerging Infectious Diseases (CASE)
- Role of African governments and indigenous vaccine manufacturers in vaccine R&D
Please visit GET Africa’s 6th African Conference on Emerging Infectious Diseases & Biosecurity website for more information.