- This event has passed.
Africa CDC Inaugural One Health Conference
November 1, 2021 - November 3, 2021
The Africa CDC Inaugural One Health Conference taking place virtually from 1 – 3 November 2021.
One Health is a collaborative, multisectoral and transdisciplinary approach used to attain optimal health outcomes for people, animals, plants, and their shared environment. Practically, One Health involves the collaboration between human, animal, and environmental health sectors as well as other relevant stakeholders, in the design and implementation of programmes, policies, legislation, and research intended to achieve better health outcomes for all.
To celebrate and share the various One Health work taking place on the continent, the Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (Africa CDC) is hosting a 3-day virtual One Health Conference from 1-3 November 2021. The conference aims to:
- Share best practices and experiences from Member States and partners.
- Showcase continental One Health research focusing on zoonotic disease surveillance and outbreak investigations, antimicrobial resistance, food safety, environmental health, and operational research through scientific presentations.
- Highlight operational tools and guidance documents developed by African Union organs and technical partners like WHO, OIE and FAO.
- Exhibit opportunities for collaboration or One Health implementation support.
- Strengthen One Health advocacy and capacity across the AU Member States and Regional networks.
Presenters will include representatives from Africa Union Member States, RECs, Africa Union technical agencies, Africa CDC RCCs, research institutions and technical partners.
This conference is hosted by Africa CDC in association with SBS Conferences & Exhibitions.
Queries may be directed to email@example.com or +27 (0)71 348 1780. Registration is FREE and open to anyone interested in or involved in the field of One Health on the African continent.
Please visit the Africa CDC Inaugural One Health Conference website for more information.