- This event has passed.
AMSUS 2014 Annual Meeting
December 2, 2014 - December 5, 2014
The Association of Military Surgeons of the United States (AMSUS) will host the AMSUS 2014 Annual Meeting December 2-5, 2014.
The meeting is the only one of its kind to bring federal healthcare professionals together, as well as International Delegates. Throughout the event attendees have the ability to receive CEs from world renowned speakers, network across services both nationally and internationally, and view demonstrations of the latest technology in healthcare.
Highlighted topics include:
- Battlefield Acupuncture
- Global Health Trends and Threats
- The Hajj: Medical Planning for a Global Event
- Cooperative Bio-Risk Management: A New Paradigm for Global Health Engagement
- Bilateral Complex Feet Injuries by Landmine
- Application of Regenerative Medicine for Primary and Secondary Reconstruction
- Electronic Surveillance System for the Early Notification of Community-based Epidemics (ESSENCE)
- Out of Area Missions in Rabies Endemic Countries – Impact on Soldier Health
- DoD Veterinary Service Global Health Engagement Strategy
- Mefloquine and the U.S. Military
- The Military Medical Ebola Virus Experience
- Resuscitating Food Safety Inspections Through Technological Infusion
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia in the Department of the Navy
- Biomedical Research at DARPA: Innovating Beyond the Horizon
- Supporting a 21st Century Medically Ready/Ready Medical Force
- DoD Global Health Engagement: Ends, Means, Ways
- Impact of HIV/AIDS in Militaries in Africa: Prevention Approaches
- Disaster Preparedness Program: A New Model for Sustainable Capacity-Building
- Effects of Blast Exposure on the Human Eye and Vision
The conference exhibit hall offers a variety of exhibitors comprised of VA hospitals, non-profit organizations medical device manufactures, mobile medical unites and pharmaceutical companies.
Membership in AMSUS is not required to attend the conference.
Please visit the AMSUS 2014 conference website for more information.