ASM Microbe 2022 will be held 9-13 June 2022 in Washington, D.C.
ASM Microbe 2022 will also include a virtual component providing access to scientific programming and accommodating those who are unable or do not wish to attend in-person. Get details on the digital experience.
Antimicrobial agents and resistance, biofilms, HAIs, diagnostic immunology, antifungal agents, and pharmacological studies of antimicrobial agents are just some of the core topics covered in this can’t-miss event.
Highlighted sessions and topics include:
- NGS for Near Real-Time Surveillance and Outbreak Response by Public Health and Clinical Labs
- Public Health Implications of Fungal Diseases: It’s Time for Action
- Use of Human Organ-on-Chip and Organoid Platforms in Acute Viral Disease
- In-depth Symposium. AAR14M. One Health Right Now
- Tick, Talk, Boom: Newly Emerging Tick-Transmitted Disease
- Pre-Term and Pediatric Infections: How to Prevent and How to Treat
- Crossing the Threshold: Pros and Cons of Reporting Cycle Threshold Values
- Wastewater-based Epidemiology: SARS-CoV-2 and Other Emerging Pathogens
- Fungi Enter the AMR Arena
- Using Protein Structure Prediction Algorithms
- The Pre-clinical Antimicrobial Pipeline: What is Really New?
- Histopathology of Infectious Diseases for Clinical Microbiologists
- Parasites, Global Health and Novel Pathogens: My Journey as a Clinical Microbiologist
- Update on Rapid Diagnostics in Infectious Diseases
- Avoiding Dogmas and Pitfalls in Clinical Parasitology
- Adaptation of Mouse Models for Human Adapted Pathogens
- Current Status of Vaccine Research and Development for Clostridioides difficile
- Laboratory diagnostics for invasive fungal infections with a focus on immunocompromised hosts
- I Can’t Take This Anymore–Taxonomic Changes in Microbiology (Can We Find Common Ground?)
- Old Foes, New Horizons: Updates and Innovations in Malaria and Polio Vaccines
- Science Communication: Combating Vaccine Hesitancy
- Challenging Gram-positive Clinical Cases for Application of New Agents
- Microbiology in Space: Moving Beyond Low Earth Orbit to the Moon and Mars
- Verification and Validation of Microbiology Tests: Tackling the Who, What, When, Why and HOW?
- Bacterial Integration of Host Microbiota Cues Regulate Fitness and Virulence
- The Pandemic Response in Developing Nations: TB Re-emergence and Other Unexpected Challenge
- Drug Resistance and Diarrheal Disease in the Developing World
- Plastics, Metals and Other Contaminants as AMR Hotspots and Transporters
- Pathogens and Pest Control in Agriculture
- Microbiomes of Livestock in Food Systems: Emerging Pathogens, Probiotics and Alternatives to Antibiotics
- New Agents Discovery Summary Session: Early New Antimicrobial Agents
- Microbiology and Stewardship Lessons Learned During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please visit the ASM Microbe website for more information.