- This event has passed.
BARDA Vaccines Against AMR Threats Virtual Workshop
March 12, 2021 @ 11:00 am - 1:00 pm EST
Join the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) at the Vaccines against AMR Threats virtual workshop on March 12, 2021 from 11:00am – 1:00pm Eastern.
Multi-drug resistant (MDR) organisms are a threat to national security and public health. As rates of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in pathogens continue to increase new therapeutics and vaccines are essential to combat the growing crisis.
Join the workshop to learn more about BARDA and how they plan to tackle this growing threat.
Highlights from the agenda include:
- BARDA Introduction: Dr. Gary Disbrow, BARDA Director
- CBRN Overview: Dr. Christopher Houchens, CBRN Director
- Antibacterials Branch Overview: Dr. Mark Albrecht, Antibacterials Branch Chief
- Vaccines Branch Overview: Dr. Daniel Wolfe, Vaccines Branch Chief (Acting)
- CARB-X Overview: Dr. Cameron Bess, CARB-X Program Manager
- AMR Threats of Interest for Funding Opps: Dr. Julie Bergmann, Dr. Lindsay Parish, Dr. Rushyannah Killens-Cade, CBRN Project Officers
- BARDA Solicitation Process: Ms. Jill Johnson, DCMA Branch Chief
- Q&A Structured Discussion: Dr. Julie Bergmann, Dr. Lindsay Parish, Dr. Rushyannah Killens-Cade, CBRN Project Officers
Visit MedicalCountermeasures.gov for more information on this event.