- This event has passed.
June 23, 2014 - June 26, 2014
The BIO 2014 International Convention will be held June 23-26, 2014 in San Diego, California.
The BIO International Convention is hosted by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO). BIO represents more than 1,100 biotechnology companies, academic institutions, state biotechnology centers and related organizations across the United States and in more than 30 other nations. BIO members are involved in the research and development of innovative healthcare, agricultural, industrial and environmental biotechnology products.
The world’s largest biotechnology gathering, the BIO Exhibition allows exhibitors to reach high-level executives and influential decision makers who come to BIO to discover new players in the industry, form partnerships and evaluate emerging technologies. The BIO Exhibition features more than 1,700 exhibitors.
Highlighted topics include:
- Genomic Technologies and Biomaterials for Understanding Disease
- The Bioethics of Drug Development – You Make the Call!
- Blazing New Trails in Disruptive Innovation: Stem Cells, RNA and Epigenetics-Based Therapeutics
- Improving the Clinical Predictability of Preclinical Models for Drug Discovery and Disease Modeling
- Pre-Competitive Translational Research Consortiums
- Stem Cells Delivering Results Today as Models of Disease
- Antibody Drug Conjugate (ADC) Technology: An Exciting Approach for Cancer Therapy
- Biofuels & Renewable Chemicals Forum
- Algae, Marine Biotech and Synthetic Biology are Riding a New Wave of Industrial Biotech
- Robert Langer on Growing Successful New Biotech Companies Emerging from University Ideas
- Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR): New Funding Opportunities and Key Agency Innovations
- BioTech Primer: Top 10 Current Science Trends, Issues and Advances
- Orphan Drug Financing: New and Emerging Models for Drug Development
- Partners in Pharmacovigilance: Empowering Patients in Latin America
- The BIO/Battelle State Initiatives Report 2014
- Propelling a Paradigm Shift in Medicine and Healthcare Delivery
- Stem Cells and Gene Therapy, a Great but Challenging Marriage
- Taking Aim at Cancer with the Next Generation of Immunotherapies
- Developing TB Vaccines – A New Business Model
- Spotlight on Emerging Market Vaccine Companies
- Monoclonal Antibodies for the Prevention and Treatment of Bacterial and Viral Infections
- Keynote Luncheon – Hillary Rodham Clinton, Former Secretary of State
- Council of European BioRegions – Global Cluster Biomarker Programme
- NIH, Patient Organizations & Leading Biopharma Firms Mobilize to Tackle Tough Diseases
- Harnessing “Big Data” to Improve R&D Productivity
Conveniently organized by product focus, the exhibition includes companies in the Digital Health Zone, Innovation Zone, BioProcess Zone, Bio IT Zone, Business Services Zone, Contract Services Zone, and Discovery Zone. In 2014 the BIO Exhibition will host thousands of organizations including the leading biotech companies, top 25 pharma companies, top 20 CROs and CMOs, more than 300 academic institutions including the major research labs and government agencies and the leading consultants and service companies.
Please visit BIO 2014 website for more information.