- This event has passed.
Biochemical Security 2030 Symposium
November 19, 2014 - November 21, 2014
An International Conference on Biological and Chemical Security in an Age of Responsible Innovation will be held November 19-21, 2014 at the Royal Society, UK.
This meeting will bring together an international range of experts and policy makers to examine current capabilities to identify and respond to such challenges at local, national and international level.
Highlighted focus areas include:
- Recent relevant advances in synthetic biology, neuroscience and nanobiotechnology
- National approaches to identifying and governing dual-use aspects of innovation
- The responsiveness of international biological and chemical weapon prohibition regimes to advances in science and technology
Confirmed speakers include:
- Koos van der Bruggen, Working Group on Biosecurity at KNAW
- Jonathan Forman, OPCW
- Caitriona McLeish, University of Sussex
- James Revill, University of Sussex
- Simon Wain-Hobson,Institut Pasteur
- Michael Crowley, University of Bradford
- Malcom Dando, University of Bradford
- Ralf Trapp, Independent Arms Control Consultant
- Stefan Mogl, Spiez Laboratory
- Laura Adam, James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS)
- Gary Burns, Independent Biosafety and Biosecurity Consultant
- Catherine Rhodes, University of Manchester
- Jo Husbands, National Academy of Sciences
- Mike Imperiale, University of Michigan Medical School
- Silja Vöneky, Universität Freiburg
- Nicholas Evans, University of Pennsylvania
The event is hosted by the Biochemical Security 2030 Project, University of Bath. Please visit the Biochem Security 2030 website for more information.